RebeccaHart

Rebecca Hart's Reading Adventures

Published author and avid reader sharing all things books along the way.

Immersed in Pleasure

Immersed in Pleasure - Tiffany Reisz 3.5 stars for a unique, romantic modern day tale with a fairy tale feel.After my first foray into Tiffany Reisz' writing with SEVEN DAY LOAN, I thought I knew what to expect with IMMERSED IN PLEASURE. I was pretty wrong. Where the former was dark and sultry, this short was sweet and light.I've not read a Spice Brief before, so I don't know if they are all about the same length, but this was a bit short for me to really sink myself into the characters enough to be emotionally vested in whether or not the main characters, Derek and Xenia actually "make it". More sweet and romantic than sultry or erotic, I think the length may have done a disservices to the readers investment in the characters. Despite that, this was a well spent hour or two and I enjoyed the twist on the traditional Little Mermaid tale. I loved Fathoms, and quite frankly would love to visit a club like that at some point in my lifetime. I could totally see there being a ritzy themed club like that in LA or NYC.I'd have given it a solid 4 stars, if not for the super short length to it, as Tiffany Reisz' ability to weave words is something I, as an author aspire to.