RebeccaHart

Rebecca Hart's Reading Adventures

Published author and avid reader sharing all things books along the way.

Want

Want - Stephanie Lawton Let me start by saying this book was absolutely nothing like what I expected when I sat down to read. I have read a fair share of YA books, but WANT is miles above anything I have read from this genre lately.Stephanie Lawton presents us with a southern world, steeped in tradition and dark secrets. The MC, Julianne is flawed and "real" and I was rooting for her from page one. What a wonderful departure this was from the usual perfect life, beautiful flawless MC's present in so much of today's YA fiction.About halfway through the novel I had worried I wouldn't be pleased with the ending based on how the story was unfolding, but boy was I wrong. Ms. Lawton drew me into her southern world and had me gnawing my nails as I prayed for Julianne to make the right choices -- pick the right man. Don't even get me going on the hotness of the men -- one dark and brooding, one the perfect southern gent (even if he is a Yankee).While some of the subject matter was deep and emotional, I feel it was well handled and none of the drama read as over the top or gratuitous. All of it lended to the authentic feel to the story.Really enjoyed this one a great deal and will be looking for more titles by this talented new author.